QRIDE Novice Package
QRIDE Novice 3 Day Package (New Riders) - "LAMS" Approved ONLY
See our Link for the LAMS Scheme List of Motorbikes
If you are a complete novice, the "Novice Package" is designed to enable you to be ready to obtain a level of Competency for the QRIDE Assessments.
(NB To be eligible you must have held a Provisional or Open Licence of another class for at least 1 year within the past 5 years.) CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY WITH OUR LINK: https://www.service.transport.qld.gov.au/checkqridecourseeligibility/public/Welcome.xhtml?windowId=61b
Course Time (22 hours 30 minutes) 7.00am - 2.30pm each day
We meet at our Training & Assessment area which is a large, safe, separately enclosed space in relaxed surroundings.
Day 1 training day involves learning the basics - clutch, gears & balance, getting up some speed; Day 2 training day you will begin learning and practising the exercies (eg slalom, figure of 8, emergency braking etc); Day 3 is spent mainly being assessed on the exercises, "on-road" runs combining both suburban & country roads. During your QRIDE 3 Day course your Trainer will demonstrate each of the requirements and you will practise each exercise on Day 1 & 2 before completing Competency assessment on Day 3.
What You Will Need
- RE Learner's Licence "REL" - You MUST have your Learner's Licence endorsed on your Driver's Licence (or a print-out) prior to your assessment (if obtained before 1 October 2016 there is no waiting period prior to your assessment); if you obtained your "REL" after 1 October 2016, there is a 3 month and 1 day waiting period prior to assessment Learner's Licence Practice Questions
- Pants covering full length of the leg
- Fully enclosed shoes (preferably with ankle protection)
We will supply
- Helmet which meets Australian Standards 1698 (including eye protection)
- Jacket made from protective material designed to minimise abrasions
- Fully enclosed gloves
- Training bike (N.B. Insurance included - no excess on damage to bike)
Forms to be Completed prior to Initial Training Day
- Application Form
- Eligibility for QRIDE Training
- I Will Ride a Motorbike that complies with Australian Design Rule 57/00 – Special Requirements for L-Group Vehicles (if riding your own bike)
See our "Pre-Study" for a head-start on the small theory component (eg Hazards, Safe Following Distance, Reaction & Braking Distance)
For more information on BikeSafe Licence College Policies & Procedures please see our "Code of Practice"
Please see our Course Calendar for "Course Dates"
For bookings please call our service-oriented and motivated office ANY TIME on 0403 480 407
You can email us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org