QRIDE 1/2 Day OR 1.5 Days "R"
To complete the 1/2 Day QRIDE "R" Assessment you MUST have held an "RE" Provisional or Open Licence for 12 months and 1 day from the date your "RE" Licence is endorsed on your Driver's Licence at Queensland Transport (if obtained before 1 October 2016) - NOT necessarily the date you completed your "RE" course.
If you obtained your "RE" Motorbike Licence after 1 October 2016, you must have held this Licence for a period of 2 years and 1 day before you can undertake training / assessment for your "R" Class Motorbike Licence.
You MUST ensure that you have waited at least 12 months and 1 day OR 2 years and 1 day - otherwise Queensland Transport WILL NOT process your "Competency" for your "R" Licence. (N.B. The "Effective Date" of your Motorbike Licence is usually the date you last renewed your Driver's Licence, not the date that your "RE" Motorbike Licence took effect! Please check the date with Queensland Transport to alleviate a shortfall in the minimum period that you must hold your "RE" Motorbike Licence!)
CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY WITH OUR LINK: https://www.service.transport.qld.gov.au/checkqridecourseeligibility/public/Welcome.xhtml?windowId=61b
1/2 Day (3 hours 30 minutes) 8.00am - 11.30am OR 2.00pm - 5.30pm
1.5 Days (11 hours 15 minutes) Day 1 - 7.00am - 2.45pm; Day 2 - 2.00pm - 5.30pm
We meet at our Training & Assessment area which is a large, safe, separately enclosed space in relaxed surroundings.
During your QRIDE course your Trainer will demonstrate each of the requirements to complete Competency. You will then practise these a few times before being assessed. (N.B. The 1/2 Day QRIDE “R” is essentially assessment [with a few practice runs of each exercise], and for those who have been riding regularly on their “RE” Licence; so - if you feel you need to practise the exercises more fully to feel confident and achieve “Competency” on an “R” motorbike, then you will need to choose the 1.5 Days QRIDE “R” – the first day of which is practice / training.)
What You Will Need
- RE Licence - You MUST have your "RE" Licence endorsed on your Driver's Licence (and held for at least 12 months and 1 day - if obtained before 1 October 2016; OR 2 years and 1 day - if obtained after 1 October 2016) prior to your training / assessment.
- Pants covering full length of the leg
- Fully enclosed shoes (preferably with ankle protection)
We will supply
- Helmet which meets Australian Standards 1698 (including eye protection)
- Jacket made from protective material designed to minimise abrasions
- Fully enclosed gloves
- Training bike (N.B. Insurance included - no excess on damage to bike)
Forms to be Completed prior to Assessment Day
- Application Form
- Eligibility for QRIDE Training
- I Will Ride a Motorbike that complies with Australian Design Rule 57/100 – Special Requirements for L-Group Vehicles (if riding your own bike)
See our Pre-Study for a head-start on the small theory component (eg Hazards, Safe Following Distance, Reaction & Braking Distance)
For more information on BikeSafe Licence College Policies & Procedures please see our "Code of Practice"
Please see our Course Calendar for "Course Dates"
For bookings please call our service-oriented and motivated office ANY TIME on
(07) 5530 3619 / 0419 591 370
You can email us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org