Six Steps to QRIDE
1. Have the Correct Licence
To participate in QRIDE training & assessment, you must have the correct Licence - you must hold a:
Queensland Class Motorbike Learner Licence "REL" (if obtained before 1 October 2016) to complete your Queensland "RE" QRIDE course
If you don't already hold a Motorbike Learner Licence "REL" (before 1 October 2016) you will need to undertake a 2 day mandatory course with us ("Pre-Learner").
OR Queensland Class "RE" Licence for at least twelve months and 1 day (if obtained before 1 October 2016) OR 2 years and 1 day (if obtained on or after 1 October 2016) to complete your Queensland Class "R" QRIDE course.
2. Choose which of our courses is suitable for you
- QRIDE 2 Day "Pre-Learner" "REL" (New Riders without a Motorbike "Learner's" Licence obtained prior to 1 October 2016)
- QRIDE 1 Day "RE" (Advanced Riders) - "LAMS" Approved Bikes ONLY
- QRIDE 2 Day "RE" (Intermedfiate Riders) - "LAMS" Approved Bikes ONLY
- QRIDE Novice 3 Day "RE" Package (New Riders already holding a Motorbike "Learner's" Licence prior to 1 October 2016) - "LAMS" Approved Bikes ONLY
- QRIDE 1/2 Day "R" - ANY size bike - no restrictions (1 1/2 Day "R" Course available)
See our Link here for the LAMS Approved Motorbike Scheme List
3. Enrol - Complete the necessary forms to enrol in your QRIDE course
QRIDE training & assessment consists of a number of Competency Standards which your Trainer will demonstrate and complete with you. You will then practise these before being assessed (to view these Competencies in the "Consistent Assessment Process" see our "Code of Practice").
When you have demonstrated you are competent in all of the QRIDE competencies, we will issue you with a Competency Declaration (QRIDE Certificate) – this is NOT a Licence.
6. Getting your Licence
Before you can ride with your new Motorbike Licence ("REL", "RE" or "R"), you must present your current Driver's Licence and QRIDE Competency Certificate to the Department of Transport & Main Roads service centre (within 12 months) for Licence issue.
Please see our Course Calendar for "Course Dates"
For bookings please call our service-oriented and motivated office ANY TIME on
0403 480 407
You can email us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org